Friday, April 26, 2013

2013 Bankson Road Trip - Part 2


Part 2
 
We arrived in Santa Rosa at about 5pm Wednesday April 3rd and set up camp in front of my parents (The Burns) house.  The RV fit nicely and it worked out great to be so close.   That night Great Grandma June (my dad’s grandma) came over for dinner.  It was nice to see her and although she is battling cancer, she looked well and is still very sharp and upbeat. We had a fun dinner BBQing and catching up. 

The next morning I went with my mom to 24hr Fitness and accompanied her to a TRX and Cycling workout, where I found out just how hard she works out – go mom!  That afternoon I met with two high school friends Tanya Hebron and Lesley Soekland for a play date at the play area in Coddingtown Mall.  We were hoping for an outdoor play date but fought with a little rain this week here and there.  Jasen got most of a day’s work in and then we made some fish tacos for dinner and shared a meal with ‘Nana and Papa’.  On Friday Jasen and my dad worked a ½ day then my parents and all of us went to Bodega Bay to see the Tall Ships on display.  The pirate type ships were pretty cool and the kids loved using Papa’s spyglass and binoculars.  Then we headed over to shell beach to check out the tide pools. Dinner was at my parents where my sister and her boyfriend Nick joined us.  It was the first time we met him and he was very nice.  We are excited to see my sister doing well and growing in her faith in Jesus.  It was a good day with family.
 


Saturday April 6th, after some yummy donuts, we (us, Nana, Papa, Aunt Brandi, Kona, Buddy, and Batman) went on a beautiful hike in Windsor.  Such amazing, vibrant colors in Santa Rosa right now.  The kids hiked fairly well and we all really enjoyed the hike.  After nap time we ventured out again with my dad to Fountain Grove to do some fishing.  The kids had a fun time fishing even though we scared all the fish away.  Lily used the time to practice walking which she is really excelling at.  Saturday night Nana and Papa watched Blake, Kylie, and Lily and Jasen as I got to go on a date!  We had a nice quiet and enjoyable dinner at the Thai House in downtown Santa Rosa – great food and conversation.
 
Sunday morning my Mom, sister, Jasen, the kids and I went to Spring Hills Community Church where we hear d a great message on the Holy Spirit.   After lunch we went up to Safari West where we got to see giraffes, cheetahs, flamingos, monkeys and all kinds of other safari animals courtesy of my mom’s massage connections. 












That night we had a big dinner with Grandpa and Grandma Burns, Uncle Rick and his girlfriend Deborah, Brandi and her boyfriend Nick, my parents, and us.  A fun, delicious cook-out of steak, chicken, salmon, scalloped potatoes, salad, cupcakes etc.  It was really nice to see family we hadn’t seen in a while and let them get to know Blake, Kylie, and Lily.  Blake and Kylie shared their many song and dance skills learned from CBS and Awanas courtesy of the energy they got from the large amount of cake they consumed.  Monday morning, April 8th, Jasen put a half day of work in before we grabbed lunch and headed south.  On we go…

No comments: